Yum Yum Things

Monday, September 07, 2009

Tako yaki



This is called Tako Yaki. (tako means octopus) We have this octopus ball in Japan as a street food normally, sold at festivals along with Yaki Soba etc.

When I went back to my parents home, they had Tako yaki maker(which you can cook on the table) and we made many times.
I just love Tako yaki SO MUCH and I wanted to bring the tako yaki maker back to LA one day so that I can do this at home in LA, and I did!!!!

It's pretty much savory pancake ball cooked in a half round pan. and you put octopus in the middle while it's cooking in the pan.

after you cook the first side, you flip it with skewers to foam a ball.
It's a lot of fun to make this with friends too.

after the ball became golden brown, take them to your plate and pour special sauce(okonomi yaki sauce) sprinkle bonitos and seaweed called Ao nori.

mmm..... mmm..... goooood1 I was in heaven...


crispy outside with silky inside....



It's a perfect mach with beer and sake.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home