Yum Yum Things

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Strawberry Jam



Yesterday, I found strawberry was on sale. so I bought 8lb of them to make a year supply of strawberry jam/thick sauce. I have a big freezer at home for my business so I normally make freezer jam. Since freezer jam contains less sugar, I prefer that way. and I recycle glass jars.



I also added lemon peel and juice(at the end) from my friends garden to cut the sweetness and also enhanced strawberry flavor.



I use this jam/thick sauce for smoothie, over ice cream, betoween the layer of cake, with some cheese on the cracker and on and on, you name it.

2 Comments:

Blogger lynn said...

how funny i just heard about freezer jam the other day! initially i thought it was a jar of jam you put in the freezer (and eat like ice cream)

1:32 PM  
Blogger mayuka said...

you are too funny Lynn! That would be dangerous!!!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home